Dr Wei Li is an experienced gynaecologist and obstetrician with nearly twenty years of experience.
She obtained the Bachelor Degree of Clinical Medicine in China Medical University in 1994. In 1998, after training as a junior doctor in a busy district gynaecological oncology centre for four years, she successfully passed a national wide selection process and was appointed as an advanced trainee in the endoscopy unit in the Shengjing Hospital China before completing her master's degree in Obstetric and Gynaecology in 2001. She then migrated to Australia in 2002.
Dr Li conducts consultations in English and Mandarin (Chinese) and appreciates how the cultural background of both the doctor and the patient influence a medical consultation. She makes an holistic assessment of the patient's needs and readily recognises the impact of cultural issues in the Australian environment. She always involves her patients in the discussion of management options in the most practical way.
The services Dr Li offers are highlighted below.
- Menstrual disorders
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Pelvic Pain
- Ovarian Cysts
- Investigation of Infertility
- Colposcopy examination for abnormal Pap smears
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Incontinence Gynaecology procedures/treatments include:
- Hysterectomy (keyhole, vaginal or open approach)
- Prolapse surgery
- Laparoscopy for pelvic pain, ovarian cyst, hydrosalpinx, sterilisation, fibroid etc
- Hysteroscopy for abnormal bleeding. polyps, removal of intrauterine device etc
- LLETZ /cone biopsy of the cervix
- Antenatal care of normal pregnancies
- Antenatal care of high-risk pregnancy, including hypertension, gestational diabetes and other medical disorders
Dr li is devoted to help women to achieve normal vaginal birth, avoid 3rd and 4th degree perineal tears. She also promotes safe birthing for mother and baby