After Birth Education
While you are with us…
During your stay on the postnatal ward, education classes will be available for you to attend. Classes include settling and going home with your baby, breastfeeding, physiotherapy tips and bathing your baby. Now that your baby is here, you will have the opportunity to practice all that you have learnt in your antenatal classes and ask our midwives for tips and tricks on bringing up baby! Partners are always welcomed and encouraged to attend with you.
Education after you are discharged home…
For new mums we understand that breastfeeding can be a difficult journey for both mum and baby. Our breastfeeding support clinic offers one-on-one support to mums when they need it most.
Areas covered in these sessions include:
- How to breastfeed your new baby
- How to properly position and attach your new baby
- Trouble shooting and how to get help
- Expressing and storing breast milk
- Working and breastfeeding
- Resources, support groups, telephone help, internet sites available in the community.
For bookings please call (02) 9598 5360 or (02) 9598 5172 to organise a private breastfeeding session.
* Please note there is a cost involved for this service which may not be covered by your health fund