Dr David Jefferson is a consultant urological surgeon with over 12 years of extensive experience. After completing his Urological training in NSW in 2002, he completed a fellowship at Monash Medical Centre in Victoria in Urological Oncology, as well as helping to establish Laparoscopic Renal Surgery in that centre.
He completed his training in Urology in NSW, whereupon he undertook a fellowship in Urological Oncology in Melbourne as well as pursuing his interest in Laparoscopy in Urology.
As well as being highly experienced in the general Urology, he also has interests in:
- Urological Oncology including prostate, renal, bladder and testis cancer
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Benign prostate enlargement
- Stone disease of the urinary tract including laser treatment of renal stones
- Male incontinence investigation and surgery - advance and ATOMS slings, Artificial Urinary Sphincter (AUS)
- Erectile dysfunction investigation and treatment - medical therapy and Penile Prosthesis
He prides himself in providing high quality care for all his patients, with the best possible functional and oncological outcomes using the latest technology, and is currently undertaking advanced training in robotic surgery for prostate cancer, renal cancer and complex reconstructive renal surgery. This along with his cultural awareness sees him well liked by all his patients of all ages and backgrounds.
Dr Jefferson will respond to urgent GP requests within 48 hrs, charge a pension rate for aged pensioner.
His practice encompasses both the public and private sector. Current appointments to public hospitals:
- Canterbury Public Hospital