da Vinci® Xi Robot
St George Private Hospital was one of the first hospitals in Sydney to secure the latest da Vinci® Xi robotic surgical system, a culmination of 25 years of robotic experience.
The latest da Vinci® Xi robot is optimized for complex surgery featuring revolutionary anatomical access, crystal clear 3DHD vision, and a platform designed to seamlessly integrate future innovations.
The system enables our skilled surgeons to provide patients with minimally invasive surgical options. This new generation of surgical technique complements our comprehensive existing range of treatments and services.
St George Private Hospital offers robotic surgery for:
- Urological conditions
- ENT and Head & Neck conditions
- Gynaecology conditions
- Colorectal conditions
- General and Upper GI conditions
Click here to download our robotic brochure.
The da Vinci® Xi Technology- The surgical system
- The da Vinci® Surgical System is powered by state-of-the-art robotic technology. The system allows the surgeon’s hand movements to be scaled, filtered and translated into precise movements of micro-instruments within the operative site.
- The da Vinci® System enhances surgical capabilities by enabling the performance of complex surgeries through tiny surgical openings. The system cannot be programmed nor can it make decisions on its own. The da Vinci ® System requires that every surgical maneuver be performed with direct input from the surgeon.
- da Vinci® – Eliminates Laparoscopic Compromises
- Partial Nephrectomy
- Radical Prostatectomy
- Lymph Node Dissection
- Ureteric Re-implantation
- Transoesphageal tumour removal
- Sub-total Hysterectomy
- Sacrocolpopexy with hysterectomy
- Low and High Anterior Resection
- Right Hemicolectomy
- Liver Resection
- Pancreatic Resection
- Hiatal Hernias
- Gastric Bypass
- Ventral Hernia Repair