Maternity Services Unit
The place for YOUR new beginnings in Sydney’s South
At St George Private Hospital we deliver more than 1700 babies a year – and from conception to delivery we put our parents-to-be at the centre of their own maternity care; empowering them to make key decisions about their birthing experience.
Our emphasis is on safety and quality as well as ensuring a comfortable, enjoyable and memorable birthing experience.
We have 35 consultant obstetricians accredited with St George Private and our team of midwives, anaesthetists, sonographers, breastfeeding specialists, physiotherapists and paediatricians will ensure competent and comprehensive care for you and your baby.
The Maternity Unit comprises:
- 6 delivery suites
- All private rooms
- Special care nursery
- Maternity lounge with water views
- Lactation room
- High tea for all maternity patients
- Parent education classes
- Breastfeeding room and breastfeeding & baby sleeping routine education
- C-section education classes
- Grandparents to-be classes
- Remote baby heart beat monitoring
- Specialist of your choice
- Walk in Early Pregnancy Clinic Mondays and Fridays 9am to 11am (Suite 4 Level 4, St George Private Hospital, 1 South St, Kogarah)
- Newly renovated special care nursery for babies >32 weeks
Book in to Maternity by completing the on-line maternity booking registration form.
The Hospital License approves St George Private Hospital to provide Maternity Services to admit mothers that are >32weeks gestation and of low to moderate risk. The Hospital is not able to provide Maternity Services to mothers of <32weeks gestation as this would not be consistent with our licensing conditions. However you’re Private Obstetrician would in these circumstances make alternative arrangements. In the event that you require Maternity Services and are <32weeks gestation, we recommend you contact your Obstetrician or the Hospital for advice. Your Obstetrician will discuss options with you which will include your transfer to another facility for ongoing care.